flickr

www.flickr.com

08 July, 2008

Could This Be Love?

Have I mentioned that Mike and Reyna's cat Kevin had kittens? Yeah, Kevin is a girl. She was found when she was not much bigger than this, and they thought she was a boy. By the time they learned differently, the name had stuck.

Anyway, Kevin had 5 kittens. Two are striped (black & beige) like her, two are black like the daddy, and one is black with striped ears.

And I love them!

And Scott loves them!

The one on the left is the one that I love the most. I just learned today that her name is Friend. (the others are DeeDee, Bubba, Shadow Jr., and Gizmo) When the kids were saying her name, I thought they were saying "Fred," so that's what I've been calling her. Besides, since her mom's name is Kevin, I think it's only fitting that she have a boy name, too.

Fred is definitely the most mellow of the bunch. She will let me hold her as long as I want and doesn't cry or jump. I half-wonder if she's sick or something, but her eyes are clear and she can run and jump and eat. She just isn't as into that stuff as the others. She's fascinated by fingers and toes, and she managed to give one of the boys a scratch from his ear to his chin while I was babysitting. (she's not very strong, so the consensus among the adults is that he was probably mis-handling her)

So...would someone please convince me and Scott that three cats are really two more than we actually need, and that someone else out there wants to love these babies to pieces? Tell me that Milo would eat a kitten, and that she's not just the cutest thing ever.

3 comments:

Minima said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Jamie and Scott, three cats are really two more than we actually need, and someone else out there wants to love these babies to pieces? Milo would eat a kitten, and she's not just the cutest thing ever.

Minima said...
This comment has been removed by the author.