flickr

www.flickr.com

31 July, 2008

Mischief Managed

Elphie discovered the kitchen yesterday, in all its glory. She helped Scott load the dishwasher...


She inspected the pots and pans in the cabinet...

And then we had dinner.

Boy oh boy, is it tough to eat a meal with her around! Turn your head for just a second, and she's chowing down. She loves people food. Of course, she has also discovered the "forbidden fruit" of regular Cat Chow (in the big cats' bowl), so I think it's safe to say she loves everything. Except crab legs. We got some from Publix and cooked them up last night as an appetizer. I expected to have to set up a perimeter to eat in peace, but she wasn't interested at all. She wanted to play with the shells, but didn't really get a food vibe. Maybe that's because we were eating with our hands straight out of the pot and there were no plates or forks.

She does like ice cream, oatmeal (strawberries & cream), pork, and everything else we had last night - tilapia, coconut rice, and asparagus.

No, I don't let her eat off my plate. She just gets a bite before I know she's there. Besides, with a face like that, how can anyone say no?

And one more food find? Banana Split Cream Oreos. OMG are they tasty! I don't usually like that fake banana flavoring, and the yellow cream is a little gross to look at, but they are my new favorite store-bought cookie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How adorable! Think she'll always be as photogenic as Milo?

Anonymous said...

I don't think she is now. Black cats are so tough for me to photograph because they require really bright light to make them stand out from their surroundings.

Milo has beauty that works in any light!

Don't get me wrong - I love her to pieces. But I think she's cute and different rather than photogenic!