flickr

www.flickr.com

23 July, 2008

Have You Seen My Car?

I've taken to wandering around the employee parking lot after Encore rehearsals and yelling, "has anyone seen my car*?" No one answers me. But that's ok. I have a general sense of which quadrant the car is in, and it's pretty easy to spot.

After standing for 3 hours in dress shoes, the last thing I want to do is take one more step than absolutely necessary. I've managed to take it easy on my voice this week, and still plan to not push too hard during the shows (which start tonight!!). There's lots of strong voices around me - I'm just there for the applause!

I am already completely exhausted. I can't complain too loudly though because a lot of my fellow performers are working their day jobs this week, and surviving (if you can call it that) on 4 hours of sleep. Of course, I had the sense to burn a week of vacation...

In other news, no news yet on the interview front. It turns out I really really like the guy that I'd be working for. My interview went pretty well, I guess. He's interviewing a total of 5 people for the job, and I was #2 to be interviewed. I think the rest were yesterday, but maybe not. At any rate, I imagine if I get the job I'll hear by the end of the week. If not, I'll be disappointed but not heart-broken.

...and for now, I have other pressing things on my mind.


* An idea I paraphrased from a story about my mom's wild youth.

2 comments:

Minima said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I really NEED this job!
Please God I need this job!
I've got to get this show!