flickr

www.flickr.com

12 July, 2007

What's in the Picture?

No, the camera phone isn't equipped with a flash. Yes, the picture was taken at night.

Can you tell what you're looking at there? That would be my back left tire, or what's left of it. There was a screw in it (well, it's still there) and somehow this caused the tire to fail catastrophically. Then I drove on it for about a mile, trying to identify the new thump-thump-thump noise in my engine.

WHAT??!? Don't judge - I've never had tire problems before. I have however had really strange engine noises and car shakes!

So the car is at Port Orleans. It turns out I do have a spare, but I don't have a jack or a lug wrench, and Scott's lug wrench doesn't work on foreign cars.

I called the over-priced Disney mechanics, who quoted me a total cost of $86 all-inclusive. Sure, that's a bit much for just one tire, but the other option is to buy a lug wrench, put the spare on, and drive it to Wal Mart for service tomorrow. Given that I work at noon and Scott has a super-late night, we CAN'T car pool tomorrow.

Needless to say, I'm cranky already. It's going to be a loooong day!

3 comments:

Janette said...

Oopsie! Luckily I've had more tire problems than engine problems over the years.

I don't think $86 is that awful a new tire and installing it on sight. It's certainly worth not having to hassle with the alternative.

Anonymous said...

$86.00 ... a LOT cheaper than AAA!

Anonymous said...

Next time, call me.
I have a hydrolic jack that sits in storage in my back closet.... I was off that night too....