flickr

www.flickr.com

15 July, 2007

The "Super Secret Project"

As you may remember, I spent a few days last week at work with my camera taking pictures of everyone that would hold still long enough for me to focus and click the button. Whenever asked what I was doing, I would just smile and say I was working on a Super Secret Project. This basically tipped people off a little of what I was doing - something related to our party on August 1. (oh yeah - there's a party on August 1 - we closed the restaurant for the night. more accurately, I closed the restaurant - I had to call the people who already had reservations and reschedule them for other nights.)

They all assumed I was working on some sort of slide show presentation for during the event. Nice thought, but I didn't have time to take a year's worth of candid pictures, and I doubt our managers want to spend the extra bucks for a projector.

The SSP was actually nothing more than invitations to the party. It seems that everything involving The Restaurant is (on the surface at least) formal and stuffy. And I had to beg The Boss to let me try an invitation design that wasn't boring. In the end, we both got what we wanted. I got an invitation that was fun and inviting (and with a bonus collage of everyone on the inside), and he picked the color for the background - shades of a beige-ish, olive color.

So far the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive (Girl Chef told the cooks to say thank you to me, and they obey her every command. ha!). And hey - taking pictures and designing something on the computer is a great way for me to blow time at the end of my shift.

And did I mention there's a party? That will be the cap on quite a strange week here in the ParkHopper household. I took vacation days for the Encore! show (tickets on sale now), so I'll be off Mon-Sat, I work Sunday, off Mon-Weds, party Weds night, and then back to normal on Thursday the 2nd. And in the midst of all of those days off, Jackie is flying down on Saturday and I'm spending my days off with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun comes in bunches, like bananas!