flickr

www.flickr.com

17 July, 2007

The Week of Potter

Well, most die-hard Harry Potter fans have already seen the movie (it premiered last week... I think). I just finished re-reading book 5, so Scott and I are going to see it today. Right now, I'm in the process of re-reading book 6 so that I'm fully refreshed when book 7 comes out this Friday at midnight.

Of course, I'm still looking for someone to go stand in the "loser line" at Wal Mart with me. Scott is working late that night.

Sometimes it's fun to be swept up in the hype. And I doubt that, in my lifetime, there will again be this much hype over a series of books. Besides, I can't risk not reading the last book right away, because I don't want to hear who dies or how it ends from anyone else before I can read it for myself.

In other book news, one of my favorite non-Potter books in recent years, Sammy's Hill (by Kristin Gore... yes, that Gore) has a sequel out called Sammy's House. I'm really excited about reading it - the blurb seems to have all the elements that made the original book so funny. Oh - and according to Amazon.com, Sammy's Hill is now under film development. Yay!

Off to the movies...

No comments: