flickr

www.flickr.com

07 July, 2007

1,000 Words


This, as you can tell, is a picture of me. It started out as a picture of me and one of our servers, but I figure I'll keep him anonymous, so he got "the crop."


Anyway, back to the picture of me. This picture totally encapsulates the fish-out-of-water-ness of me and The Restaurant. There I am, messy hair, casual twin-set made even more casual by pushing up the sleeves, crooked name tag, sitting at the table with 3 pieces of crystal stemware, gold-embossed charger plates, and real silver. It's an even better contrast with the server, all dressed in his vest, tie, and tails.


I was wandering around taking pictures of everyone I could today at work for a "super secret project" I'm working on. The Chef let me interrupt his 3:00 meeting to take pictures of all of his minions, and then I busted into the servers' pre-meal meeting and The Boss let me pester everyone there. Anyway, the only reason I ended up having my picture taken at all was because the one server was sitting apart from everyone else and I made the comment, "that's because he wants his picture taken with ME!" So there we are.


Also since I had my camera today, and since we had a proposal in The Restaurant, I got to get a really good picture of our ring-in-the-rose proposal set-up. Our seater sets this up. I'd never actually seen it before tonight (though I describe it an awful lot), and I just thought it was the most beautiful thing ever. We didn't have the guy's ring yet, so we just used mine in the picture.
They send this out to the table under a silver dome so that it looks like just another course... until they lift up the lid and voila!
By the way, the girl said yes. How could she not with a presentation like that?

2 comments:

Janette said...

That is beautiful...and the ring in the rose photo isn't bad either.

Seriously, I think that's a nice photo of you. You may think you're a fish out of water but it sounds like all of your co-workers really appreciate you. You should relax and enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Poison sans water! No Sploshing!
You fit in everywhere! And you'd look formal too if you could drive to work in play clothes, and check out a costume!

That diamond in the rose thing is so sweet! I'm glad she said yes!

Can't wait to hear about the super secret project!