flickr

www.flickr.com

09 July, 2007

Behind the Scenes

My poor blog has become quite the victim of neglect in the past month or so. And it's a shame, because there are lots of things in my life that I find fascinating and exciting (or at least worth writing down and remembering) but those things take a lot of time and energy - my blogging time and energy.

Encore, of course, is a huge piece of that. Rehearsals take up 11 1/2 hours a week, not including travel time. It's mentally draining - I'm starting to freak out about all of the music needing to be memorized. We only have 3 choir rehearsals left, then 2 choir/orchestra combo rehearsals (1 of which I probably won't be able to wiggle out of work), then 2 dress rehearsals. And we still have one song we haven't learned yet! Physically, it's also draining. For popcorn movie music, it is some of the most difficult I have ever learned. It's definitely the highest I've ever had to sing.

Work is actually slower in the summer (something about 90-degree weather makes people not want to eat for 3 hours straight... go figure!), but my special project workload has gone up. The Boss has given us the green light to have engineering pull some countertops out of our office built into the wall from when our office was the cash control office and do a little rearranging at the same time. Little Boss and I are really excited about it, even though it's going to require coming in on a day off in jeans and doing lots of manual labor. The goal: a neat and streamlined space that looks more like an office than a supply closet. Dare to dream!

In ScottLand, he's almost able to see the light at the end of the tunnel of those super-late shifts he's been working. It'll be fun to see which newbie gets stuck with those late-night closing shifts. This is good for me as well, because if he's not home, I rarely fall asleep before 2.

In cringe-inducing news: I almost ripped the nail off of my left pinkie toe today. I was sitting cross-legged on the bed, and when I went to straighten out my legs, the nail somehow snagged on the seam of my jeans. It didn't come off. It did, however, bleed. I am going to refrain from posting a picture. You're welcome.

Tomorrow Scott and I are going out to The Hotel for a fabulous portrait session (a new service they're rolling out, free this week for employee guinea pigs) and then to lunch (not free). Perhaps I'll have some pics to show off tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And THIS little piggie went
bleed bleed bleed bleed
all the way home!

It IS ironic that when we have the most interesting and memorable things going on, we don't have time to capture them with words!

Janette said...

I'm sure all the effort will be worth it. I'm looking forward to Encore!