flickr

www.flickr.com

31 August, 2007

Sniglets

I'm sure my mom did a happy dance as soon as she saw the title of this entry.  When I was little, we loved sniglets (words that should be in the dictionary but aren't - check it out on Wikipedia if you don't believe me).  The one I still use most often is sloopage - the stuff that falls out the back of a thick sandwich or burger.

Anyway, I came up with a sniglet of my own tonight: Socksex - what my big toe has been doing all day with that new hole in my sock.  I don't think it's really good enough to be a sniglet, but at least it should get points for sounding like a real word.

Anyone else out there have a favorite sniglet, or one you have made up?
(yes, this is a blatant ploy for comments… please don't let me down!)

2 comments:

Janette said...

Gravitass - A play on the word gravitas. Someone who takes themselves so seriously that everyone else thinks they're an ass. Examples: Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Newt Gingrich, any televangalist or political "strategist".

Anonymous said...

Gee! there are so MANY! I've always liked "CINEMUCK:" The stuff on the floor at the movie theater that grabs onto your shoes. But there's no time for that NOW! I've got to do the happy dance! YIPPEE!!!! And when I see you, I'll give you a snugglet ... that's a hug that's not in the dictionary, but should be!
One more thing ... there should be a sniglet for the "word" you have to type to get your comment posted ... how about slantword? or arcanian? or vocablurry?