flickr

www.flickr.com

02 August, 2007

August? Since When?

Well, July seems to have come and gone before I had a chance to wallow in the 100% humidity! And I only managed 22 posts in July. I promise to try harder this month.

Currently I'm sick with a sinus issue (left sinus and both ears - figure that one out!) that I'm sure everyone who came to hug and kiss me after a performance will probably be suffering from before long (what can I say? I'm a giver!). Don't blame me though. Scott is sick. And my boss (whom I hadn't seen in over a week until last night) is even sicker than Scott. I'm still pretty sure I got this from Scott though. I don't kiss my boss nearly as much. (tee hee)


But I have a ton to talk about, and obviously have some pictures to share. The pictures are from our work party last night. As you may have noticed, there was wine. A random assortment of reds and whites, and instead of a proper champagne, Rosa Regale (my favorite - and I had a lot of it!). When all was said and done, I think I had a glass of red, a glass of white, and 2-3 glasses of the sparkling during the four-course meal. I managed to keep myself from dancing on the table, but I was awfully giggly. And the food was pretty spectacular. The highlights were our entree: 2 lamb chops, a small filet, and lobster risotto - and dessert: a trio of tiramisu, chocolate mousse, and lemon cheesecake. And as you can tell, there was also a lovely chocolate scroll on the plate that said Congratulations.


Then there was the unofficial after party upstairs at the lounge. My plan: drink Coke to sober up to drive home. Of course, you know what they say about the best laid plans! One of our servers ordered a margarita that somehow went into the computer twice. So I, being the kind soul that I am, drank the one that he didn't want. And then the manager of the lounge sent out champagne for everyone in our group. So I had a little glass of champagne. And three glasses of Coke. Fear not though, I ended up there BSing with other people until around 12:30. By the time I got in my car, I was perfectly safe to drive.
In other non-alcoholic news, my visit with Jackie was way too short and over before it really began. And I didn't get one damn picture. But we sure kept ourselves busy! She and I spent Monday and Tuesday park hopping. We did all the rides that she can't do with her small children - Mission: Space, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Dinosaur, Rock n Rollercoaster, and Tower of Terror. Everest was closed when we were at Animal Kingdom. That's the only one we missed that I'm really sorry about.
We also ate lots of junk food during her stay, but I believe we walked it off in the parks. Don't believe me? I'll post a picture of the blister on the bottom of one of my toes!
Today I'm back to work. I feel sick enough that I really should call in. But considering that everyone I work with saw me all happy and smiling last night, that might not be such a good idea. I will probably leave early though. I think I deserve that much!

No comments: