flickr

www.flickr.com

26 July, 2006

Blog-Jam

I've got a whole bunch of post ideas swimming around, and yet none of them wants to come out. I've decided to call this version of writer's block 'blog jam.' And that's about the most witty and creative thing I can think of to say.

I did absolutely nothing this past weekend. It felt like a good idea at the time, and yet now I feel like a worthless slug. I watched two new movies - Ice Age, which was better than I thought it would be (and yet I'll still give it JJj out of JJJJJ) and Crash. Crash surprised me, and I tried to get Scott to watch it with me (yeah, I wanted to watch it again right away) but he wouldn't bite. I guess that's fair. I'm steadfast in my refusal to watch any of the Mission: Impossible movies because:
a) I'm taking a stand against Tom Cruise, and
b) I just didn't get the first one.

Anyway, back to Crash. It had maybe a dozen different story lines that intersected at strange moments, and yet somehow didn't feel at all disjointed. It had a message, butwasn't preachy. And I loved the cast. I'll have to put it on my "buy me" list. And I'll give it JJJJ out of JJJJJ.

I also caught Phone Booth on FX. I'm going to rent it so that I can see how much was edited out. I also missed the beginning, and apparently that was important. I thought it was pretty decent, despite the violence.

So I'm now off to another 4 marathon days at work. Hopefully I can make some sort of plans for next weekend so that a week from right now I'm not sitting around feeling like a lump. Actually, I think I have plans a week from right now to go to Hoop with a bunch of people I don't know. Woo...I'm feeling better already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHat's Hoop?