flickr

www.flickr.com

04 July, 2006

Waxing

Now that I've only got three shifts left at the call center, I've started waxing reminiscent about my long and random job history. And my random hairstyles. And my glasses. I dug out some old pictures and decided to post them all together, for the sake of history. The only costumes missing from here are my Park Fare costume (pictures from that summer are nonexistent... I must be missing an album), the pink and blue American Adventure dress, and the Comm center (woo... light blue shirt and khaki pants!).

Tree of Life, summer '98. Watching people watch a 3-D movie is a job everyone should have for a day. I was lucky enough to do it for a whole summer. It's ok people -- the bees won't really sting you. ;-)


American Adventure, 2000-2001. This picture was scanned from my scrapbook, thus the black background. I'm not really sure how 'colonial' pigtails are, but somehow they worked for me!

One Man's Dream, 2001. I loved this location. I loved the costume (reversible vest... how cool is that??). I loved working in the same room as Mary Poppins' dress and all the other Disney history. Sadly, after 9/11 I was cut to 30 hours/week and had a new apartment and new car. I had to move on.

...to Security. Of course, if I hadn't made that move, I probably would have never met Scott. Or had to wear that awful hat! Oh who am I kidding? I should always wear hats! I LOVE hats! And I love Scott. But that goes without saying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, it's weird how things work out. If it hadn't been for 9/11, we would probably never have met, and I never would have gotten to use all those terrible, cheezy, awful, cringe-worthy one liners. And I never would have fallen in love with the most wonderful, gorgeous, and most awesome girl I ever met. love you!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! The Park Fare costume was nothing to look at anyway. I cool for you to have the best job(s) ever! And remember, don't punch your co-workers!