flickr

www.flickr.com

12 July, 2006

Golden Ticket

OK, it's not a golden ticket, but in my world it's close. I got a hang tag for my car! What's this mean? It means I don't have to park across the street and two parking lots away from my work location. I get to park at the back end of the convention center. It's still a trek, but less than half the distance. I feel like I have arrived!

I also have almost my own desk (someone else uses it on my days off) with a brand new PC with flat panel monitor. It turns out that in my little reservation world, there will be four of us, and I'm the only full-time person. I'll be pretty much running the show. And it looks like when all of the dust settles I'll have Monday & Tuesday off. And I'll be working a mid-morning (10am-ish) shift. Sweet!

Today it's back to the trenches. I have a 5 hour class that I'm really not looking forward to. On the bright side, I'll be going over to my office after the class to make up the rest of my shift. Woo!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this new job sounds different....since when do they have onsight reservation peeps? something new to go with all the dining plan hoopla that they are jamming down everyone's throats? Just curious....

Jamie the ParkHopper said...

Apparently this restaurant has always had their own. I don't actually book most of the reservations (contrary to the title "reservationist"). I call the diners to confirm, print up contracts & gift certificates, print menus, and other odds & ends

Anonymous said...

I SO can't believe you get to park there! Wow! I thought only managers got that. You really HAVE arrived! BTW, their spa is one of the nicest ... and you can use the grapefruit soap and lotion while you're there. I'm so jealous. Is Scott still the chef there? I think he's a genius!

Janette said...

Weee! Better parking, a new pc with flat screen, limited fellow employees to interact with? Sounds like a dream job to me. I've always said my ulitmate job would be found within a small space with four walls and only a computer to interact with (a window added would be nirvana).

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Could it be that you are working at Central Florida's only AAA 4 diamond restaurant? Have been there the last 2 years and it puts all the other restaurants to shame....
then one next doot ain't too shabby either.....
have fun

(btw...the chef is a very cool dude...he used to come into the employee breakroom and shoot the crap with all the tortured pink wearing souls :)

Jamie the ParkHopper said...

actually, it's 5 diamond. but who's counting? ;-)

and yes Mom, Chef Scott is still there. I met him today.

and yes, Sponge, he seems very cool and down to earth. but I HATE the Chew & Spew. how can ALL of the housekeepers be on break EVERY time I'm in there???