flickr

www.flickr.com

17 July, 2006

A Great Burger

This is a recipe for a great burger:

Bacon
Melted Provolone
Avocado
Pickles
Lettuce
Mayo
Honey Mustard
and a turkey patty
on a toasted whole grain bun

Scott and I took Frances to the dealership today for $1000+ worth of routine maintenance -- timing belt, 60,000 mile service (6,000 miles late, but let's not go there), and tons of brake work. My old buddy James in the service department said he was going to call around and check for parts to see if he could beat the $600 quote he gave me before for whatever is wrong with my rear brake drum (or something like that...). Plus I printed off a 10% off parts coupon from their website. Let's hope there's no catastrophe and I'll get her back tomorrow like he promised, or Wednesday before it's a major inconvenience, or Thursday morning before it's a crisis! And I'm PRAYING that this maintenance doesn't clean out our savings. Scott's car is coming up on a service milestone too.

After dropping off the car, we went to Ruby Tuesday for lunch. I was leaning toward mini burgers (what? I like mini burgers!) when Scott pointed out the bacon-avocado turkey burger. It was superb -- best burger I've had in ages! And since the skies had opened up and we had a little bit of time, we split a blondie for dessert. Sadly, we finished our dessert, paid the bill, and it was STILL pouring. And since Scott had to get to work, we had to go out into the elements. The bottom few inches of my jeans are still wet!

Scott made it to work on time, and I came home to find a giant envelope from Disney Cruise Line in the mailbox. Two months from now we can reserve our anniversary dinner at Palo and book our shore excursions (not that we're booking any shore excursions...). And our cruise is less than 5 months from now. Woo!

Overall, I'd call it a good day. Well, at least it was a productive day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That burger sounds yummy! I'm going to get that next time!