flickr

www.flickr.com

05 July, 2006

Penciled In

I finally got my schedule for the next two weeks. It's a bit of a mess, I must say. Next week I've got split days off (nope... not Tuesday or Wednesday!). Sunday I have orientation day starting at 8:30am. Wednesday I have a class from 10:30 to 3:30 (yeah... 5 hours... like THAT'S going to pay the bills!). And the rest of the days I work 10 to 6:30. Then the next week I'm off Sunday and Monday, and working 10-6:30 the rest of the week. Really, I'd love it if those were my real hours. That's late enough that I'd be waking up once the sun is up. I definitely prefer that to stumbling around in the dark... which is probably what I'll end up doing.

I also have one night shift shadowing the servers and the maitre d' (yep... I said maitre d'... ain't I hoity toity??). If I'm shadowing, that probably means I'll be in costume. Man oh man... I hope I'm wrong about that! While the picture would make good blog fodder, I'm just not sure I want that hanging over my head! I guess we'll just have to see how it all works out.

Three more days!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I recall my shadowing shift up there, the costume is not that unflattering in its cut ... but the color is better left as someone's last name!

HEY! Wanna go to church on Sunday? I'm going to Grace with Tess! We can see all the old gang. Wait! Wrong Sunday! But if you wanna go, just say the word! If I give Pastor Bob enough notice, we just might get on the praise team! Woo HOOOOO! Now, ALL of your secret dreams have come true!