flickr

www.flickr.com

25 July, 2006

I'm a Big Kid Now!

There's been a lot of learning in the past two weeks. I guess that really goes without saying. But with this new job, my job classification is not covered by a union. This has resulted in two interesting changes.

I no longer clock in and out. I am still hourly, but pay myself online. Of course, this means I had to learn to pay myself online.

401(k) -- I'm eligible. And I got a big packet of information in the mail telling me allll about it. Why is it that the thought of letting them take even more money out of my paycheck is somehow appealing to me? Oh yeah - because it means that maybe one year I'll be able to retire and I won't have to work until I'm dead.

I guess maybe I have some reading to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If necessary, I would like to put a plug in for the stock purchase plan too!

Janette said...

Wow, 401K....that's so adult. Does this mean you're going to give up Happy Meals? :-P