flickr

www.flickr.com

10 January, 2009

Damn It!

This is one of those posts that I shouldn't post. You should hear the alarm bells going off in my head right now. "Stifle it!" "Wait until morning!" "No one cares, princess!"

So what? I'm in a tither, and you're reading. But feel free to not read. I understand. Skip down to Flashback Friday, or come back another time when the world isn't crashing in around me.

I came home tonight to a letter from a collection company. Apparently I owe Penn State $4919.66. I shouldn't say "apparently," because I knew I owed them money... 8 years ago when I was young and poor. But I sort of thought that debt went away.

I really thought that chapter of my life was over - you know, the one with the harsh letters and mean phone calls. Now I'm going to have to have this hanging over my head until Monday when I can call them, and they're going to be mean to me, and I'm going to say, "here's $100...please leave me alone for a month," and that's going to go on for the next 49 months.

Actually, after this month, I only have 3 months left on my student loan payments (10% wage garnishment... the fastest way to pay off a debt!). So then in May I can pay these mean people $300 per month for 15 months. Anyone want to make a wager on whether my car will last long enough for that plan to come through?

I guess there's really nothing to do until Monday. Unless...

Anyone know the winning lottery numbers??

2 comments:

Data Byte said...

Wow...
That's not nearly as bad as a certain someone marrying me with a bunch of debt that was way over that number there....
but it still sucks...
At least you have a great JOB that you LOVE to show for it....





uhh.. crap.

Minima said...

Off, I've had that sinking feeling in my stomach before. It's amazing how we can lose contacts with friends but can't shake creditors.