flickr

www.flickr.com

19 January, 2009

Big Week

I have to work today. Normally, I'd be off on Monday, but we won't be seeing any more of those for a while. This week I took off Tues-Thurs because I *had* to be off Tuesday for the inauguration, and because Scott's new days off kick in this week and we have a date planned on Thursday (more on that later). Next week, I'll be off Weds-Fri. The first week of February, I'm finally going back to 8-hour shifts. My new days off will be Thurs-Fri.

But hey - tomorrow is THE DAY THE WORLD CHANGES!!! Perhaps that's overstating, but I really hope it isn't.

It's more than George W. going home that thrills me. I'll be honest - I got all weepy looking at the pictures from Obama's train trip this weekend. People in Wilmington started arriving at the train station at 4 am and waited there for 8 hours while the temperature went from 4 degrees up to the 20's. The pictures I love most of all are the ones of people out in the middle of nowhere, holding signs and waving.

Perhaps I should leave the wordsmithing to the pros. Here's Bob Schieffer from CBS:

Watch CBS Videos Online

Those last 30 seconds give me goose bumps every time I see it.

No comments: