flickr

www.flickr.com

17 January, 2009

Current Events

I heard about "Out with Bush Day" on the radio on my way home from work last night:

Why? January 20, 2008 marks the day that George W. Bush will finally be out of the White House. So, while that Bush is on his way out why not get your bush out too.

The great people from Matthew Michaels Salon & Spa Experience will be the pro's handling the waxing duties. There will be a screen so the guys don't see your private areas...what do you take them for anyway?

You must be 18 years of age or older and have at least 1/4 inch of hair to be removed.


I think the 20-something guys who run this show are under the impression that girls yelling in pain is going to make good radio. I think they're wrong. Waxing is something that makes people make funny faces, not scream in agony. Still, I think it's a funny idea - not as funny as making their interns roll across a floor covered in mouse traps singing "Happy Birthday" to whomever is celebrating one, but still funny.

And now, for something completely different:

Can anyone suggest a polite way to ask someone to chew with his mouth closed and stop moaning when he eats? If I have to listen to apple sex one more time, my head may explode. I shouldn't say that, because I'm quite certain I'll hear it tonight. Seriously, close your eyes and picture the sound of a crisp apple being chewed with an open mouth. Now add some moaning. Do YOU ever want to eat an apple again? Perhaps I should offer him a cigarette when he's done...

1 comment:

Minima said...

Who the hell gets that excited about an apple? I don't even want to think about how he reacts to a really good peach or nectarine? And why worry about a "polite" way to ask? The guy obviously isn't a paragon of good manners. Just tell him to cut it out. If that doesn't work you could jokingly threaten to report him for creating a hostile work environment. I'm pretty certain that nightly faux apple orgasms could be considered sexual harassment.

I think the mousetrap thing is MUCH funnier than the out with Bush promotion but then I'm getting to be quite the fuddyduddy.