flickr

www.flickr.com

02 January, 2009

Welcome to 2009

It's a good thing I didn't make a New Year's Resolution to do a blog post every day, huh?

I took yesterday off from work so that I could watch Penn State play in the Rose Bowl. And yes, we lost, but the 4th quarter was great. Had our team woken up in perhaps the 3rd quarter, they could have pulled out an upset. Either way, I did have fun watching the game. I also enjoyed watching the Rose Parade in the morning.

About halfway through watching the game, I realized that I wasn't feeling too well. And what started as a stuffy nose had quickly morphed into post-nasal drip and a sore throat.

This morning, after about 10 hours of sleep, I awoke with post-nasal drip and an extremely sore throat. It hurt to swallow. Now that I'm awake and have gargled some hot shower water, I'm feeling slightly more human. I'm not talking, though I'm pretty sure I could if I had to. I haven't decided which combination of drugs I should take to get me through the day, since calling in would cause me to lose my holiday pay.

So that's how I ushered in the new year - 1 1/2 DVDs of West Wing season 1, a parade, some football, and some feeling sorry for myself. Anyone else have a better story?

2 comments:

Minima said...

Our bathroom sink was clogged so I dumped drain cleaner in it. No effect. I tried boiling water. No effect. Golf Guy finally got home at 8pm so I ran to the store and bought more drain cleaner. And champagne. Came home and dumped in more drain cleaner. It had no effect on the drain but I spent the next three hours sneezing like crazy. Finally at 10 to midnight Golf Guy managed to free the clog by plunging (ewwww) the drain. Just in time to toast in the New Year - yay! (The champagne was disgusting though.) Sadly, even though the drain was cleared the fumes from the various chemicals lingered for hours and I was up sneezing until 3am and spent yesterday with really, really sore throat and icky sinuses. The good news is that I feel much better today so it must have really been an allergy to whatever wicked brew I created trying to clear that fierce clog.

I hope you're feeling better today!

Anonymous said...

I got one! I got one!

I injured my knee on Christmas Eve delivering Honey Baked Hams and Omaha Steaks all over hither and yon. The knee decided to get a little worse with each passing day! On New Year's Eve day I worked, and that evening we went to church, and were in bed by 9 ... but we set the alarm for midnight so we could kiss in the new year. 2008 was a very hard year. '09 looks good from here ... we have tickets to see Spamalot, and they're already paid for! Yaaa!
And on a positive note, we went back on the Atkins diet. A few years back you bought me some "Atkins Activity Box" for Christmas. At the time I could tell it was really cool, but I never really did much with it. But that thing is so cool! There are tons of recipes and a way to put a weekly menu in a file ... it's neat! It's as though I regifted MYSELF!