flickr

www.flickr.com

06 January, 2009

The Number You Have Dialed...

Yesterday I woke up feeling better, but still with considerable bright green excretions, so I decided to cancel my chiropractor appointment and stay home in a glorious "day-o-quarantine." I called the CHIRO phone number in my phone, and the girl who answered the phone said, "wah wah Chiropractic wah wah." (it's possible I was distracted by the TV) I gave her my name, explained that I had the flu and would like to cancel my 2:00 appointment. She asked for my name again, asked for my appointment time, and then asked if I would like to reschedule. I tried to reschedule for next Monday at 2, and she said they close for lunch until 3. So I rescheduled for next Monday at 3.

At 2:30, I got a voicemail from my chiropractor's office reminding me that I had a 2:00 appointment and asking if I was planning on coming in. And so, I called them right back and as soon as the woman answered the phone I launched into a monologue: "This is Jamie, and this is going to sound crazy but apparently I still have my old chiropractor's phone number programmed into my phone and I called them and cancelled my appointment because I have the flu and I rescheduled with them for next Monday at 3!" Thank God she laughed! And she asked if I wanted to go ahead and reschedule for next Monday at 3, and I told her I wanted to come in at 2 but the other people were closed until 3 for lunch. And I promised her I'd change the phone number in my phone as soon as I hung up.

...but before I did that, I called the other office and explained that I "re"scheduled an appointment for next Monday but I don't go to their practice anymore and wouldn't be coming in. "Ok." "Don't you need my name?" "No, I talked to you before. This is Jamie, right?" "Yeah." "It's cancelled."

I am still pretty angry that that girl couldn't even be bothered to say "you don't have an appointment today." Had she given me any indication that I was calling the wrong place, I would have realized what was going on and not no-showed at the good office. I don't think I mentioned when I went to that other office that they are extremely religious. "God bless you" when you walk out the door religious. That's not the only reason that I stopped going there, but I won't lie and say it didn't factor in my decision. I respect their right to free speech, but I certainly wasn't comfortable there. At any rate, I really had to stop myself from calling back again and asking that girl if there was a reason she treated me the way she did. Lazy? Mean spirited? Her behavior certainly didn't seem like what Jesus would do!

I have changed the listing in my cell phone. At least I know that won't happen again!

1 comment:

Minima said...

I think chiropractors offices just tend to be a little strange mostly because chiropractors themselves tend to be a little different.

There's an office here in town that's notoriously inefficient but then the chiropractor herself practices in her bare feet. You don't get God Blessed there but there is a plaque in the living room/reception area that says "The light in me honors the light in you" and she'll happily realign your chakras for no additional charge. ;-P

Glad to hear that you're feeling better.