flickr

www.flickr.com

10 October, 2006

Fall Foliage...Florida Style

Scalzi's Monday Photo Shoot for this week seems simple enough: Leaves are changing color all over the US -- show us the foliage in your neck of the woods... Get out there in the crisp autumn air and get a good shot at the trees near you.

Well, I hate to disappoint, so I got out there in the crisp (brr... 81 degree) Florida Autumn air and took a picture from the landing between the second and third floors of my building. Sadly, it seems that the trees are all still green. Don't be fooled by the yellow-ish one in the middle -- that was just sunset hitting it funny!

Luckily, I anticipated that this might be a problem, so I took the camera to Publix with me, figuring I'd find a tacky display of pumpkins with some fake leaves. But I found something even better:

Do you see the pretty Autumn leaves? Of course you do! But here's a close-up anyway:


This time of year is when I miss living up north most. I don't really miss snow. But I loved the changing seasons. Here, the change of seasons between 9 months of Summer and 3 months of Indian Summer is still another month or so away.

I guess we Floridians will just have to make do with beaches and palm trees and pictures of everyone else's orange and red leaves. Oh well!

2 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Eh. Autumn is overrated. I didn't like it in Syracuse when I had it, all that wind and rain and early snow and brown leaves. Why should I miss it now that I live in Tucson?

Anonymous said...

I miss the leaves changing.the feeling of the winter coming.. the smells.. i too live here in florida oh um.
It's not just the "picture " but the feeling..of autumn
karen you just didn't to connect to.
.a rainstorm and snowstorm ..they can be a great memory!!!
ljb