flickr

www.flickr.com

01 October, 2006

Happy October!

Last night was a big night at work. See, our prices go up starting today, and we (I) had a lot of extra stuff to do to prepare for this momentous occasion. I had to...

  • Change the prices at the bottom of the menus after second seating
  • Get the Chef to make up tomorrow's menu a day early so that the seaters could post it in the lobby last night
  • Get FOH manager to approve price changes proposed by Chef for surcharge items
  • Make a new sheet of pricing/tax/tip breakdown for the other reservationists (ask Scott about this - I was so proud I sent him the spreadsheet - I taught myself how to do a two part formula in Excel). This shows the cost of every combination of 1-6 people, partaking in 1-6 wine pairings, what the tax is, what the tip is, and what the total for your dinner will be.
  • E-mail said document to Management and Chefs

    The new chart took me about a day to do (inbetween my other duties), and I just took the initiative to do it. It makes me look good, and since I'm no longer unionized it's in my best interest to look like a go-getter who takes on extra tasks and deserves a raise some day. Right?

    Well, the short term payoff is that I was walking through the kitchen last night and they gave me two bites of food. Not just any food -- lobster. Not just any lobster -- French blue lobster (blue shell, not meat...yes I asked) with a chaser of potato puree. Honestly, I don't *love* lobster the way most other people do. It was good, but not $40/lb good. I do SO love the potatoes though. I've gushed about them before, but WOW!

    Believe it or not, the lobster was not the culinary highlight of my day. That honor goes to the forbidden fruit - the McDonald's cheeseburger I ate on the way home. Half of my dinner had a really gamey taste (umm..."gamey" sounds better than "wet dog" right?) so I didn't eat it. I stopped on the way home for Happy Meals for me and Scott and an extra cheeseburger for me. It was pure food ecstasy. Food nirvana. Foodgasmic.

    What can I say? I'm a simple girl with deep-fried taste.

    Happy October!
  • No comments: