flickr

www.flickr.com

13 October, 2006

I Just...

saved a bunch of money on my car insurance
by switching to Geico!


Seriously... I did. Around $150 less for a six-month policy. It would have been more, but I cut my deductible in half and added uninsured motorist coverage (which, in Florida, is probably the most important kind and somehow I was living without it).

Why didn't anyone tell me that Progressive was screwing me all this time?

Anyway, I'd like to think it wasn't the gekko... or the cavemen... or the "celebrities" like Charro and Vern Troyer that got me to change. Really, how many ad campaigns does one company need to run simultaneously? But I am completely susceptible to TV commercials.

There's some sort of pre-insurance inspection (free) that I have to do between now and the first week of November. Looks like I'm going on a road trip this weekend, since the closest places are down 50 in Winter Garden and up by the Florida Mall.

1 comment:

Janette said...

We had the opposite experience. We went from Geico to Progressive for a $112 a year difference. I thought it was just a low price to suck us in and that they'd jack it up when we renewed but it was actually the opposite. At renewal the premium went down another $20.

Auto insurance is just one of those mysteries of life.