flickr

www.flickr.com

04 November, 2007

Bits and Pieces

And now, here are two completely unrelated thoughts:

I saw a snake on the sidewalk outside our building yesterday morning. By the time I noticed it, it was already partly in the bushes. But judging by the thickness of the part that I did see, I'd guess it was between 3 and 12 feet long. Probably closer to 3. The crazy part is that I was totally less scared of that snake than of the stupid roach in my bathroom! Now, a snake in the bathroom would be a completely different story!

Tonight is our annual $350/plate dinner with a guest chef and guest winery. Both of my bosses are planning on being in at noon. This in itself is stressful enough. I don't get anything done when they are in! Plus, last year, I had to re-print the menus 3 times because the wine guy kept changing his mind. Everyone has promised me that tonight will be smoother. I'll believe it when I see it.

No comments: