flickr

www.flickr.com

25 November, 2007

Down the Toilet

I got the following from an article on cnn.com entitled Toilet Conference Eyes Revolution.

To the celebratory rhythms of a percussionist beating on toilets, dozens of government delegates and U.N. representatives began two days of discussions on improving bathroom facilities for the 2.6 billion people worldwide who lack access to proper restrooms.
...
The South Korean government has given strong backing to the World Toilet Association, which has been spearheaded by the country's "Mr. Toilet" -- parliament member Sim Jae-duck. He earned his nickname for improving public restrooms for the 2002 World Cup as mayor of Suwon city.

"The restroom revolution will provide hope and happiness to mankind," Sim told delegates.


If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would have sworn this story came from The Onion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael & I just bought Joe Vs The Volcano ... and we've been saying, "I have no response to that." a lot this week! And here is a perfect place to use that line!