flickr

www.flickr.com

11 November, 2007

Fun With Digital Cable

Last night, I found myself searching the "on demand" programming on my digital cable. I realized before that the free movies they offer are free for a reason - mostly because they are from the 1940's or they just suck.

So I skipped the movies.

Somehow I ended watching Autumn Leaves on Demand. It was a whole bunch of 30-second clips of pretty vistas and yellow trees tied together with some easy listening music. I thought it would be soothing. Instead, it was so bad I just sort of stared at the TV wondering when it would end. And then Scott came in and I made him watch it too.

Then we skipped to some other Central Florida on Demand programming. And we found possibly the Holy Grail of stupid: You on Demand. We watched kids cracking lobster claws, some little girl's dance recital, a terrible jazz band, and two teenage boys who made their own TV show. It was like Funniest Home Videos, but without the funny. Sadly, I can't embed their video here, but here's a sample.

I did want to share a video today though, so here's one courtesy of The Onion:

Ninja Parade Slips Through Town Unnoticed Once Again

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't see the video,due to roaming, but the on Demand thing sounds interesting ... in a way!