flickr

www.flickr.com

01 November, 2007

Boo!

(the Halloween wrap-up)

Yesterday I went to work at 10 am - which means that after finally falling asleep at 6:30 I got a whopping 1.5 hours of sleep - to train New Girl for a little while. I was supposed to be there until 4, but ended up leaving her in the care of M at 2. I'm sure she survived!

When I got home, I was supposed to take a nap, but that didn't happen. I did lay with my eyes closed for a half hour, but the 2 Chik Fil A iced teas (large) that I drank in the morning were causing my brain to go a mile a minute.

We went over to Mike & Reyna's for a party that ended up being just us and their crew. And we had a blast. We all took the kids trick-or-treating, with Hunter as a whining ghost, Conner as Spider Man, Autumn as Cinderella, and Cadence as generic princess (read: fancy dress and head band). I was dressed as me in pigtails, Reyna was Autumn's lady-in-waiting (carrying her candy bag), and once the baby got fussy and Mike was carrying her, Scott was pushing an empty stroller down the street, so I started calling him "Bad Daddy." Then we had all sorts of fun contemplating the fun to be had with an empty stroller...

- pushing it in the path of an oncoming car and screaming "MY BABY!!!!!!!"
- back-tracking past the houses we had already been to and asking if they had seen the baby
- and then Autumn jumped in the stroller and we could no longer contemplate pushing it in front of a car.

Trick-or-treating as a grown-up is actually sort of fun. After every single house, Conner would run back from the door with his bag above his head and yell, "I got CANDY!" He seemed genuinely surprised. We were also shocked at how consistently the boys would get one piece of candy and then Autumn would get a handful from the same people. Her bag at the end of the night probably weighed 50% more than either of the boys'.

And after all that, we got home around 10 and I was still up until 12:30. Yep - I'm a glutton for punishment! But as you might imagine, I sure did sleep well last night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea people differentiated between kids! I'm flummoxed! How can they do that?

That's so cool about Connor being impressed at every house! Parts of life are so great!