flickr

www.flickr.com

27 April, 2008

Reality Sure Is Tough To Look At!


I have crow's feet. Is that what you call the zillion wrinkles accentuating the bags under my eyes? Well whatever they are, I have them. I also have a crooked smile, but I'd like to chalk that up to it being my fake smile-for-the-camera smile.
I took this picture because this is how my hair looks every day when I blow-dry it. I do the bottom layers first to curl them under, and then do the top. As you can tell, the layers really prefer to turn out anyway. But every day I think this messy twisted-up half ponytail is a fun look, and maybe I should just leave it that way.
I think this picture has cured me of that little delusion!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crow's feet extend from the outer corner of your eye, past your temples, and meet at the back of your head ... and they're shaped like the foot of a big bird (who are the muppets on YOUR face?), hence the name crow's feet. The lines that turn UP represent your life's experiences that made you laugh ... the ones that turn DOWN represent your life's experiences that made you strong. What you're seeing under your eyes is so insignificant, they don't even have a name!

And, just so you can sleep peacefully, I have to tell you that you don't look like that picture. You must have the same malevolent photographer these days as Hillary!

Janette said...

Your mom's right, you don't look like that picture. I'm jealous of your bangs. Mine stay straight for about three minutes then they curl up and I look like a poodle. I think the quirky ponytail is cute.

I have crow's feet, so far they only show when I smile. Blech. I don't have bags under my eyes but I do have pretty dark circles these days. Hopefully someday a week or so worth of good sleep will cure that. Can someone just put me in a coma for a while?