flickr

www.flickr.com

27 April, 2008

Vacation, Here I Come!

I officially got my shifts covered. Scott's vacation time was approved. That means we're going on vacation!

Sadly, NYC was scrapped for something a little closer to home. I'm proud of us for not just catching a short Caribbean cruise just for the sake of cruising. Nope... not us... the intrepid travelers. We're going to explore the far-off, exotic city of Atlanta!

(Hey man - they have whale sharks, Anderson Cooper, and Coke! That's plenty to keep us occupied during our three days!)

I've been window shopping for hotels for the last week or so, and found something intriguing on Hotwire.com (did anyone else just sing their little jingle: "h-o-t-w-i-r-e hotwire dot com?" I do every time I type the address!): a 4-star hotel in downtown Atlanta for $95/night. Really? Four stars? Hotwire doesn't tell you what hotel you are booking until you pay them their money. But they guarantee the amenities and some other hotel basics. It seemed like a good idea to me.

By the time I got around to booking, the price had gone up a bit, but still cheaper than anything 3 or 4 star on any other travel site. So we booked, keeping fingers crossed that we didn't end up getting something totally lame.

Oh. WOW.

This is where we're staying. The more I read on their site, the more I fell in love. First: orange accents in the rooms. Orange! My signature color! A rain flow shower head! A "peek-a-boo" window in the shower so you can see the plasma TV from there! (I don't understand it either, but it's cool!) Amenities from H20+ (the same company who now supplies Disney Cruise Line with their soaps and stuff... I covet their body butter!)! A rooftop lounge! 400 TC sheets!

Of course, now I just wonder if we're going to get there and the concierge is going to tell us we're not cool enough to stay there. But we're not worried. It's going to be great.

Woo hoo! Vacation!

2 comments:

Janette said...

Woo Hoo! That looks awesome!

I hope you guys have a blast. Take lots and lots of pictures.

Janette :: jealous as always ::

Anonymous said...

You guys have the coolest life!