flickr

www.flickr.com

20 August, 2006

Couch

I'm sitting here getting all misty over my couch. (OK, maybe I'm getting all misty because I lost an hour of sleep, but work with me here!) Today Scott and I are disposing of the second piece of my old sectional.

I got the old sectional back in 2002. I got it from Matthew, who only had it for a week (or something short). He had gotten it from Wayne, and his girlfriend threw a fit because she didn't like it. Wayne, father of 5, was getting rid of the couch because it was old and stained. But it was comfortable, and I didn't have any furniture.

Sadly, the sectional didn't fit in my studio apartment. It lived pushed together like a pit of cushions. And after Kilo peed on my bed, I slept on it for a few months.

We threw away half of the sectional when we "inherited" the man chair, the blue chair, and the ugly brown chair. The half that we still have has been peed on (in this house? no!), clawed up, and generally abused. And now it's going away to make room for a leather love seat that we're getting for free from the other Scott.

Goodbye, old stinky couch. Thanks for being free when I needed furniture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, it may have been used and abused, but it was still comfy. bye couch.

Janette said...

It was a comfy couch. Farewell couch.

Anonymous said...

You made me hark back to when I had second hand furniture ... it was today!