flickr

www.flickr.com

25 August, 2006

SURPRiSE!


What's that? Is that a birthday cake with Mr. Incredible on it surrounded by millions of little "30" confettis?

I so lied to Scott and took today off from work. I ordered a cake earlier in the week without him knowing, drove around in circles today without him knowing (sadly, the dentist appointment was not a lie). I picked up a cake and balloons and loaded them all into my car and decorated his office without him knowing.

Actually, he must have known, because I can not keep a secret. But I didn't tell him. But I still think he knew somehow.

Of course, ultimately I think I got more out of the deal. I got the ultimate pleasure of watching his co-workers sing Happy Birthday to him... at least 5 times!

I also took those little confettis and put them all over his desk. It's nice that I can walk into the Investigations office and say "I'm here to trash Scott's desk" and no one gives me a second glance. hahaha

Anyway, of course my darlin' isn't really 30 until tomorrow. But I figured this was my chance to bring him a cake at work and celebrate his birthday with a proper embarassment. Isn't that what birthdays are all about? So here's a picture of Scott on the last day of his 20's. Try to go easy on him tomorrow!

*************************

As for my mouth, it still hurts. The dentist gave me a prescription for a pain killer, a prescription for amoxicillin (why oh why can't I have the bubble gum liquid anymore?), some anti-something mouthwash, and a referral to an oral surgeon. I filled the antibiotics, but the Publix pharmacy didn't have my pain killer in stock.

I have an appointment to get tooth #32 extracted at a different office on Monday morning. And I have a plain old dentist appointment in a month. And then I'm sure I'll see them regularly for the next 6 months. That's just a hunch... but I bet $1 I'm right!

No comments: