flickr

www.flickr.com

21 August, 2006

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Take a photo that shows you with your camera. A mirror or other reflective surface would probably help here.

Also, tell us a little about your camera, and how you use it. (This isn't a sneaky marketing survey, incidentally.)

Now this is a Photo Shoot I had a lot of fun with. And Monday nights are the best time for me to weird camera things, since Scott isn't home to point and laugh (incidentally, I'm not dogging Scott here. but if YOU saw me taking pictures of myself in the mirror, holding another mirror, balancing the big mirror on the bathroom doorknob, YOU would have laughed at me too).

This is my official entry into the Monday Photo Shoot. I took it pointed over my shoulder at the wall mirror in the bathroom. I had the full-length mirror from the bedroom balanced on the doorknob, hoping for a fun house tunnel of mirrors effect. And it worked! You can see the beginning of the Jamie Infinity going on. (and you can also see our cool Finding Nemo shower curtain)

It's the simple things in life that make me proud.

Sadly, one of our bathroom lights is burned out, so the picture was a little too dark. And umm... my hair is supposed to be BLONDE! I'm a little distraught that in this picture it perfectly matches the tortoise shell clip.

I took another picture that came out pretty cool -- it's almost a picture-in-picture. I took this one while holding a small magnifying mirror that used to hang in our shower.

Ack! Twins! And they both have unfortunate frizz and the red nose of an alcoholic!

As for my camera, it's a Vivitar ViviCam 3750. I love it because it's small enough to fit in my purse to capture weird moments driving down the road. It takes great pictures, as long as they are outdoors with plenty of sunlight. My next camera will have a manual focus and a real optical zoom, even if I have to revert back to 35mm to afford one. I don't want to someday have my hypothetical children going through their baby books and saying, "mom, why was I blurry and green-tinted when I was a baby?"

By the way, did you notice my t-shirt? I wanted to show that my camera and I are both Penn State fans and football season is almost here! (and I just happened to be wearing that shirt today)

3 comments:

Janette said...

I'm glad that you explained the hair, for a minute there I was wondering if you had dyed it brown for some reason!

I was just bragging about you, your hair color and your donation intentions last weekend. It's getting so long! Are you cutting it soon?

Anonymous said...

Your hair really is getting long!

But I wanted to say something about your question,

"mom, why was I blurry and green tinted when I was a baby?"

It's genetic! You were pretty green and blurry as a baby too! LOL

Call me Paul said...

Great job. Both of those photos are very creative.