flickr

www.flickr.com

08 August, 2006

Ice Cream Memories

It's been a while since I participated in Scalzi's Monday Photo Shoot, but I couldn't resist this week's topic:

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Cool down with a photo that in some way involves ice cream. Other frozen treats such as Popsicles, frozen yogurt, ice milk and sherbet are also entirely acceptable. If it's sweet and it's frozen, it qualifies.

Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me yesterday when Cat and I stopped at the A&W drive-in for rootbeer floats. Luckily, I've been eating ice cream for about 25 years, and in that time many pictures have been snapped. I couldn't decide between these three, so I'm posting them all:
Cake & ice cream at my 3rd birthday party. You can't tell from the picture, but those are Sesame Street party hats, and a Strawberry Shortcake cake. And yes, I did know non-blonde kids. Honest!

Hey mom, do you know where this picture was taken? I believe that might be your hand attempting the bunny ears. I was obviously too engrossed in the frozen creamy goodness to notice.

This picture was taken the summer after my freshman year of college. At Epcot. Know what that frozen delicacy on a stick is? That's right - vestiges of a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar. No trip to Disney is complete without one... and no discussion of ice cream is complete without one.

Want some ice cream now? The best ice cream ever is WPSX Coffee Break, made by the Penn State University Creamery. You can order it by following the link above. And who doesn't want mail-order ice cream??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where WAS that picture taken? It must've been up north because we're wearing sweaters and eating ice cream!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Hooray for Epcot - and Mickey Mouse bars! Neat retrospective here.