flickr

www.flickr.com

28 April, 2007

Secrets

Well, I am glad to see that you, my three faithful readers (not you Sponge), are under the impression that I can keep a secret. But now please allow me to share one of my own:

I can not keep a secret.

I can, however, selectively choose who I tell the secret to. Scott hears most of them. But I think that most people understand that when one of us knows, the other will find out within 24 hours. Reyna's pregnancy went like that. She told Scott, Scott told me. And although we were sworn to secrecy, we each heard from someone else within 48 hours. She can't keep a secret either!

Sometimes my out-of-state friends (again, not you Sponge) hear the can't-tell-anyone-must-tell-someone secrets. Mom gets a few of those too.

I also don't keep secrets of my own. Secrets are a short hop from lies, which I avoid whenever possible. They eat away at my insides and ultimately bring me around the dark depressed section of my brain. It's best to avoid that altogether. That being said, I have found that having just one person to confide in pretty much lifts that burden. And again, there are a bunch of people out there - separated by many many miles - who hold little pieces of my self for me when I become too much to hold.

So please - tell me your secrets. I can be trusted to not reveal them to people you know. But you should know that some anonymous person out there will probably also know your secret before too long.

3 comments:

Janette said...

Well I pretty much always assume that if I tell a married person something they'll tell their spouse. I think that's a given in good marriages.

Anyway I think secrets are like unicorns, they're a nice fantasy but don't really exist. Once more than one person has a piece of information it's not a secret anymore.

Anonymous said...

You explain your Tao very well there, Freud.....

I don't know exactly what it all meant...but you did a good job of explaining it.

BTW...the "there's more to life" excuse is straight out of the "Sucks to be at Disney" Handbook - Chapter 21, Section 8, paragraph 3...

I've read that book...not buying...

Anyway, my point was something like "Oh no, the Chef's leaving" or "my favorite manager is transferring to the Hoop Dee Do"...shouldn't cause large scale "stress" on your part...

Anyway... Lovesponge will go back to his hole and leave you alone now...:)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm! So I can tell you a secret. OK! And like janette, I will assume that in telling you, I've told Mr. Park Hopper too.

Um, my secret .... OK! I was once Playmate of the Month. Then I married this really rich guy, and then I had a proxy die for me so I could do what I always wanted to do in total anonymity!

OK! N O W will you tell me your secret?