flickr

www.flickr.com

20 April, 2007

What a Pair!

Tom and I got together for out almost-annual lunch yesterday. Of course, due to my crappy work schedule, lunch ended up being breakfast. And our almost-annual photo is tropical instead of in front of Cinderella's Castle.

He's down with the Lenape senior trip. He's the junior advisor this year, and will be back next year as well with his seniors.

We had a good time catching up at breakfast at Kona Cafe. (I had pineapple macadamia nut pancakes, which were tasty, but the nuts were actually in the pancakes. It turns out I prefer mine without little pebbles in every bite.) I say "catching up" because that's what you do after you haven't seen each other in a year. But nothing has really changed for either of us. He's getting set for his sister's wedding - that's about the biggest news there is. Still, it's nice to have people in my life who, when I see them, pick up right where we left off.

Scott and I are tentatively planning our next "since we're not pregnant, let's go blow some money" vacation to NYC. If we drive up, Tom says we can crash with him, and we can just hop the train to New York. We want to see Wicked (yes, again) and Mary Poppins. Of course, that's at least a year away, but I'm already day dreaming about it.

For now, I'll content myself with knowing that Tom will be back this time next year, and we'll be able to get together for lunch yet again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A friend for life! They're so special! I miss your Soft Boiled Cookie man too. Are you ever going to see him again, ya think?