flickr

www.flickr.com

10 April, 2007

The Red Car

I've got a red car!
Nah, it's not really my car. But I have the keys and am legally allowed to drive it. And I'm not even paying for it.

Sounds too good to be true?

Well, I have the red car because my check engine light came back on Friday morning. Yes, it was just last Monday that I took my car in for the very same problem! This is even more ironic when you consider that I didn't even drive the car Tuesday or Thursday. So the nice man at the dealership told me to bring it back today and gave me a loaner until mine is fixed. I didn't have to yell and scream or anything!

Did you know there is a Hertz rental place inside my car dealership? I wonder how their business does. I bet pretty well...

Anyway, the red car (it's a Nissan Sentra) is ok. The brakes are WAY tighter than mine (causing a little whiplash for poor Scott), but once I learned to use only my big toe on the brake I was ok. And the seat has some lower back support that's quite lovely. Oh, and this car likes to go 70. Frances's ideal speed is about 55. That's fun!
(btw, that's not the actual red car - just a look-alike)
As for Frances, Hyundai Man called this evening and told me the check engine code was for a leak in my something I can't remember, which has to do with emissions. So now they're going to put some kind of mist/fog thing in my emissions and plug it up and leave it overnight. In the morning, they'll check the pressure and see if there's a leaky seal somewhere. It sounds very interesting and high-tech. And since he didn't mention money on the phone, I'm guessing this part of the process isn't too expensive.
And I'm hoping to get my baby back tomorrow.
Since the dealership is right down the road from the Florida Mall, Scott and I decided to go to Buca di Beppo for lunch and then wander around for a while. Great plan, except for possibly the worst menstrual cramps of my life, which caused me to stop and moan (quietly (I hope)) in pain every few minutes in every store we stopped in. It's ok, I'm better now. And my related cold and hot flashes caused me to buy a really cute cable-knit sweater at Old Navy (on clearance for $7). I also got a get well card for the Boss, and a goodbye card for my favorite ship-jumper. And lunch, as always, was tasty, especially the pistachio canoli we got to go and ate right before we left the mall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Walking is the best thing for cramps ... you did well for yourself.

And, fyi, we're on the same schedule! LOL

Pistachio cannoli sounds very very good!