flickr

www.flickr.com

07 April, 2007

Easter at the Restaurant

Just thought I'd share some of the random chocolates adorning The Restaurant this week. I was pretty impressed!

First, the front and back of the giant chocolate egg. Yes, chocolate. The thing is about 2 feet tall and was hand painted. With chocolate. Amazing!

Well, if you're not impressed by that, you may as well just skip the rest of the pictures. The next one is the detail of the front egg. Having absolutely zero artistic talent really makes me appreciate this stuff even more!

And, despite our kid-unfriendly reputation, we have two little chocolate bunnies. Aren't they precious?

Let's not forget the Easter flowers! Every now and then the florist really gets it right. I'm only sorry I didn't get a shot of the entire arrangement. It's gorgeous!



Of course, that's within the hallowed walls of The Restaurant. Back in our cinder block office with fluorescent lighting, Easter looks a little different:


I have to say, I'm proud of how my little Charlie Brown Easter Basket turned out. I forgot the grass I bought at Publix, and had to make due with the little bit that was already in this basket (which was already in my office from who-knows-when). And in case you were wondering, nobody is eating the Peeps. Oh well, I like the yellow ones. I ate three of them today (not the ones pictured above - I have the leftovers in a bag in my desk).

So... any Easter decorations where you are?

2 comments:

Janette said...

Beautiful!!!! It's just amazing that they can do that with chocolate.

You know, I don't even think we bough any Easter candy this year. I made a lemon crumble cake, it's yellow. We can pretend I did it for Easter!

Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How beautiful! Who's going to eat that big old egg when Easter's over? Are they looking for volunteers?

Save the peeps for me, baby! Yellow and white are my favorites! How can people NOT eat Peeps? It's one of nature's most perfect foods!