flickr

www.flickr.com

16 May, 2009

I'm Glad I Voted for Him!

I came across this piece of President Obama's commencement address to the University of Arizona and thought I should save it. What he says... it's so true!

"I come here not to dispute the suggestion that I haven't yet achieved enough in my life. ... I come to embrace the notion that I haven't done enough in my life; I heartily concur; I come to affirm that one's title, even a title like president of the United States, says very little about how well one's life has been led -- that no matter how much you've done, or how successful you've been, there's always more to do, always more to learn, and always more to achieve."


...and then there's Joe "Chicken Little" Biden, who informed students graduating from Syracuse University that they "are graduating into a world of anxiety and uncertainty." To be fair, the whole passage wasn't that bad:

"You are graduating into a world of anxiety and uncertainty, but these are the moments you can embrace. Throughout the span of history, only a handful of us ever get a chance to actually shape the course of history."


photo and both quotes from abcnews.com

Congratulations, class of 2009. Good luck out there!

No comments: