flickr

www.flickr.com

04 November, 2008

Election Day

First, two photos. Me and Scott before and after voting:

The ParkHoppers: turning Florida blue two votes at a time!

We had quite a day. After voting (I think I waited 5 minutes before I had my ballot in-hand), we walked to Gators for lunch, walked to the rental office to pay rent, and walked home. And then we, in all of our be-stickered glory, went to DisneyQuest to burn off some adrenaline. (notice my giant pupils? Scott made me a super-caffeinated cup of coffee this morning that turned me crazy for an hour. oh what fun!)

Cat and I had a fun conversation back and forth via text messages, she taunting me with a picture of a NObama bumper sticker, and me retorting with a picture of me in front of the sign above, holding my Obama button and pointing to my I VOTED sticker.

Of course, Scott's text messages have been a bit different. He got one from a co-worker that said something along the lines of "Obama is ahead right now, but that should change after 5:00 when the white people get off work." Well if you're reading, co-worker, these two white people voted WAY before 5:00, and our votes had nothing to do with race.

But back to the fun. I'm off to watch the election coverage. So far they are projecting that McCain won Kentucky and Obama won Vermont. Can't WAIT for more!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

way to go guys! it is so exciting to see the enthusiasm being blogged about this election

Minima said...

"Obama is ahead right now, but that should change after 5:00 when the white people get off work."

:: groan ::

Well I didn't vote for Obama but that's just because Florida allows write in votes. Had they not I would indeed have voted for him if for no other reason than to defeat John McCain. (Actually if I hadn't mailed in my vote earlier I may have actually voted for Obama during my Liddy Dole snit earlier in the week ~ that particular tantrum is partially what triggered my campaign donation).

Anyway, I don't think it's too early to congratulate the Parkhoppers on their presidential victory. I hope you guys are having as much fun as Golf Guy and I watching the returns come in!