flickr

www.flickr.com

23 November, 2008

Wow, that was weird...

I had a dream last night with so many crazy bits and pieces that I can't even wrap my head around it. It's embarrassingly random, so I thought I'd share...

I was at a steep hill - picture lawn seating at a stadium - for some kind of public fireworks display...

I was with someone else's toddler, which was probably a residual Molly from spending time with Jenn's family, but was unexplained in the dream...

The kid and I were walking down a line of people to get to a specific spot (maybe the rest of the family?), when she stopped and sat on someone else's blanket. Before I could reach down to scoop her up, the woman on the blanket (early 60's, curly short hair, red t-shirt) picked her up. I thought she was going to hand the kid to me, but instead she rolled her down the hill!

At this point, the kid was no longer in the dream. I don't know whether she was hurt, and I never went down to look. I feel a little guilty about that. But the most important thing to me at the time was vengeance on that woman. I yelled at her, I was outraged, I said a lot of curse words (which strikes me, because I can't recall ever hearing profanity in a dream before), and I told her if she didn't effing leave right now that I was going to call the police.

She didn't, so I did.

I went to the bottom of the hill and into some strangely empty building to call the cops. The dispatcher was very nice and promised to let the general manager (don't ask me...) as soon as we got off the phone.

And then a few minutes later I got a call on my cell phone (which, amazingly enough, was my actual real-life cell phone) from the chief of the Vatican secret police. I guess they were in town for the fireworks? He told me they were going to take care of her. I didn't even have to point her out - they just knew! And after they took care of her (I think they may have shot her by sniper, but I'm really not sure), they all ran out of the amphitheater. And that's when I noticed that the Vatican secret police looked like they belonged with the Joker. They were wearing navy blue tuxedos (with tails!) with teal and purple accents.

I wish I could draw a picture of the herd of them running out. It really was funny.

So that's most of what I remember. Believe it or not, there was no Taco Bell before bed last night. There was no Nyquil either. I just had a freakishly random, vivid dream. I guess it happens sometimes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see Jamie, I see Carol ....

Minima said...

Weird! Yeah, I have dreams like that more often than I'd like.

...and I think the Swiss Guard wears purple, yellow and red uniforms... With pantaloons and capes. So, yeah, very Joker-like.