flickr

www.flickr.com

11 November, 2008

Red Hot Poker

Scott took me to lunch at our favorite Japanese place today. He ordered an appetizer that we've had before - the wasabi shumai. I can't really describe what it is, except that it's like a dumpling, but not the same shape, and that they put tiny orange fish roe on the top.

Oh yeah. And it's made with wasabi. Lots and lots of wasabi.

They were more potent than usual today, and the second one I ate caused me to convulse in pain, much like the feeling when you've been drinking soda and you burp and it comes out your nose. I had tears actually coming out of my eyes!

Normally, wasabi burns my sinuses. I know my limits, and though I love a little of that burn, I don't overdo it. Today, I was describing the pain to Scott. Rather than burning between or above my eyes, it felt like someone stuck a red hot poker up my nose, through my sinuses, and stopped about an inch before they hit the back of my skull.

Scott's reply? "Hurts so good!"

2 comments:

Data Byte said...

Burger and fries for me please.. thank you...

Anonymous said...

I wore your clothes to an interview today.

non sequitor