flickr

www.flickr.com

05 November, 2008

Post-Champagne Post

So... a rare drunk posting from me. Enjoy as much as I'm not enjoying correcting the 7 typos I've had so far...

ABC had one of their reporters holding up newspaper headlines from other countries and they were ALL positive. And I yelled to Scott (yeah, yelled, we were 12 feet apart...) that the rest of the world likes us again.

We popped open the bottle of pink champagne right after 11 when the "President Elect" graphics started popping up on every channel. (I wanted to open it when they called Ohio BLUE, but Scott is superstitious)

I cried during John McCain's concession speech ("best speech he's ever given" even though he still said "my friends" a thousand times). I cried watching Oprah and Jesse Jackson cry. I cried looking at the throngs of cheering people. And I cried - a lot - during Barack's victory speech.

...and I'm crying a little now, too.

So good night, world. I'm off to drink 2 glasses of water and take some aspirin before bed. Tomorrow (well, today, but let's not split hairs) I'm guessing will be the first day of a whole new world, and I for one would like to greet it without a hangover.

1 comment:

Minima said...

First let's get the bitterness out of the way. The McCain speech: In a Pavlovian response, I literally changed the channel when the first "my friends" came out of his mouth. I had to force myself to turn the channel back (witness to history and all that) but I apparently could not force myself to listen. I'll have to locate the text later and read it.

I'm thrilled that President Elect Obama won by such a huge margin. Thrilled that for the first time in a long time so many people in our country could agree on something. Thrilled that the lawyers weren't called in and that we aren't waiting 2 months to count chads. The only way this could be any better is if someone I had voted for had won. ;-P

Grant Park when they announced Obama won was amazing. Just amazing! Oh, I cried then, cried with the little girl on her dad's shoulders, cried with the grandmother, cried with Oprah, cried with Jesse Jackson (freaking Jesse Jackson!) and I bawled like a baby when Barack, Michelle and the girls took the stage. What an FABULOUS First Family! Just remarkable.

Again, congratulations!