flickr

www.flickr.com

03 November, 2008

Predictions

Janette and I have a friendly wager going based on the results of the election TOMORROW!!! Each of us has created our own electoral map, and the person who correctly calls the most states wins lunch from the loser. In the event of a tie, the person closest to the actual number of electoral votes wins.

Here's my map:

make your own map at cnn.com

Actually, our maps are really similar. Her final electoral count is 353 and mine is 352. On a quick glance, it looks like she gave North Carolina to Obama and Montana to McCain. I took Montana for Team Blue because they have that fabulous governor that I enjoyed so much during the convention.

I can't wait for tomorrow night! I've got a bottle of pink champagne in the fridge (sorry... they don't make it in blue) and we're going to snack ourselves silly. I'll be at the TV flipping between ABC and CNN from 7-10, and then Comedy Central from 10-11. Hopefully by then the race won't even be close and I can get to bed after that. Meanwhile, I'm sure Scott will be at the computer trying to pretend I'm not yelling/whooping like it's a college football game.

2 comments:

Minima said...

Yay! I'm fairly comfortable with my MT pick...at least I'm more comfortable with it that I am with NC. Looks like that one could go either way. the only thing I'm certain of is that McCain won't be winning. I just hope it's not even close.

Heh, sounds like you're planning on having a loud night like me. I'm just so excited, I don't think I've ever so looked forward to an election night!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this is true, but a kid at work was told by a professor that the greatest voter turnout in history was in 1960 for Kennedy/Nixon ... and at that, only 45% of the registered voters voted.

Yet as of yesterday, 35% of Florida's registered voters had already voted. 45% is terrible, isn't it!?