flickr

www.flickr.com

06 November, 2008

Unrealistic Expectations

I just got an e-mail from a co-worker asking if I recognized the name of a certain customer. This woman yelled at my co-worker for not knowing her name, favorite table, and special cake order off the top of her head.

Believe it or not, I did recognize the name. Because the same woman yelled at a different co-worker about a month ago for the exact same thing. It's a plain chocolate cake, and I think it's table 14. I'll be researching when I get in today.

Actually, people like this are a big reason that we have our repeat customer database at The Restaurant. Her name didn't come up when the co-worker looked her up yesterday because the last two times she was in, she wasn't the primary name on the reservation and this time she's coming with a different person.

I can't stand people who think the entire world revolves around them. If I could do so without my name being attached to it, I'd cancel her reservation. And if we had a way to do it, I'd black-ball her from booking her there again.

3 comments:

Minima said...

You should pity her. How pathetic is her social/family life that she expects to be made to feel special by random strangers and service personnel? Odds are that she keeps coming with different people because no one wants to dine with her twice. Poor, poor rich lady, her idea of being important is that "the help" remembers her favorite kind of cake. So sad. I weep for her.

:`-(

Anonymous said...

well, just so you know, my favorite table is #3, and my favorite dessert is pumpkin pie, with flaky crust, and no whipped cream.

Data Byte said...

you DO have a husband that can trespass people....