flickr

www.flickr.com

07 November, 2008

Loser!

CNN.com still hasn't updated their electoral map to include North Carolina and Missouri. That's problematic because North Carolina ends up being the tie-breaker for my contest with Janette.

That being said, both ABC News and The Daily Show (not kidding... watch last night's show!) have called North Carolina for Obama.

She and I called three states differently. Here's the breakdown:

Indiana:
Janette
Jamie
Results

Montana:
Janette
Jamie
Results

North Carolina:
Janette
Jamie
Results

We both called Missouri for McCain, so it doesn't really matter to us how that one ends. This means I lose by one state. I was closer on the electoral count, but that was just our tie-breaker. She won the actual state count. Still given that Janette is a news junkie, I'm proud that I made it as far as I did.

Bring on lunch!

1 comment:

Minima said...

Yay!!! I think that both of us did a great job (and I still think I'll be closer in electoral votes once MO is decided ;-P). Certainly we did better than most of the talking heads that I tracked (I posted their guesses on my site). Larry Sabato had 364 though I think he may be further off once the MO count is finalized. (I still say it will go to McCain).

I'm not nearly the news junkie that I used to be but this was my third time doing this. 2000 I was spot on, 2004 I missed by one state/4 electoral votes. I have fun doing it. It's like a football pool but on a larger scale. Every state is a "game" and I figure out the "spread". But I really do it for peace of mind. I can't stand the way the networks report the returns.

Okay, lunch then! Email me and let me know what day is good for you.