flickr

www.flickr.com

26 November, 2008

Thanksgiving by the Numbers

9 pound turkey
4 baked side dishes
2 stove-top side dishes
1 cold side dish
2 vegetables
4 starches
7 cups of chicken stock
4 hard-boiled eggs
1 dessert

Here's how that breaks down in the actual menu:
  • Turkey
  • Cornbread dressing (new recipe this year that used 7 cups of stock and 4 eggs)
  • Sweet potatoes a-la-Jamie - less candied than sweet-potatoes a-la-Joe (and made with real sweet potatoes instead of canned yams), but still with marshmallows on top
  • Green bean casserole
  • Yeast rolls
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Stove Top Stuffing (you know - for sandwiches, and in case the cornbread stuff doesn't come out... and because I don't really like cornbread dressing)
  • Cranberry jelly
  • No-bake two-layer pumpkin pie (and I think I got the seasoning right this year for the first time!)

I'm also making single-serve pumpkin pie "jewels" for the work pot-luck tomorrow. We got phyllo shells from Publix and I'll be using the same two fillings as the whole pie. And if the phyllo shells don't work, I have mini muffin papers and the ingredients for graham cracker crusts. (I'm *really* hoping the phyllo tastes ok!)

No comments: