flickr

www.flickr.com

07 April, 2006

Ooh...Shiny!

Scalzi's Weekend Assignment this week deals with one of my favorite things: gifts!

So, here's the missus. She's got a birthday coming up, and honestly, I haven't the slightest clue what to get her. So I am utilizing the incredibly awesome might of AOL Journals to get me out of a scrape!

Weekend Assignment #106: Suggest a really cool birthday gift for my wife. By which I mean -- if you're a woman, what would you want for a birthday gift, and if you're a man, what would you get for your significant other?

Now, here are the ground rules:
1. Money is not necessarily an object, but, come on, be reasonable.
2. Don't suggest anything that Krissy couldn't unwrap in public.
3. Your gift idea doen't actually have to be something you can buy -- if you want to suggest something intangible, go ahead.
4. Don't tell Krissy I'm doing this. Like, shhhhh.

I must say, this necklace is the only piece of jewelery I've ever lusted after. OK, maybe lusted is the wrong word. But I love it. It featured prominently on Elle Woods in the beginning of Legally Blonde, and I saw it up close and personal on a woman when I was doing bag checks about a year later. I actually said "hey - that's the necklace that that girl wears in that movie!" And she knew exactly what I was talking about.

Anyway, it's from Tiffany & Co. and for the very un-Tiffany price of $295, it could be yours... or Krissy's... or mine. Actually, I'm not a jewelery person. And I know I would never wear it enough to make it worth the price tag. But I still love it and hope to some day go to the Tiffany & Co. at the Millennia Mall and try it on.

*sigh*

Extra Credit: How good of a job do you do in getting your spouse/significant other gifts they like? I'm way too random. I find things like foot massagers and subscriptions to online games and think "ooh - perfect!" I'm blessed to have a spouse who pretends to love everything I buy for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love a romantic dinner, and flowers, and a modest piece of pretty jewelry. That $295 is a bit rich.

Janette said...

The necklace is beautiful! I don't know, if you've wanted it for this long it might be a good investment. I don't have a lot of jewelry but I what I do have I love and enjoy wearing on special occassions. I think it's better to have nice pieces you really love instead of spending smaller amounts here and there on things you don't really care about.