flickr

www.flickr.com

12 April, 2006

uhhhhhh

What's with the title of this entry? That's the noise I'm making every few minutes. It's not so much an "ouch," which I associate with sharp pain. This is the low-grade all-over muscle ache and bruises on my hands associated with carrying a giant tv upstairs, building a new TV stand and carrying the old one down to the dumpster (after demolishing it).
On the bright side, we have a new TV. We were able to finally watch Chronicles of Narnia last night (we were saving it until we could see it). And we were even able to read the FBI warning at the beginning!

And check out the stand. I put it together almost by myself. Scott was my helper elf, but he carried that part up the stairs by himself and needed a break! I'm rather impressed with my ability to do "carpentry by numbers."

The TV, in case you were wondering, weighs about 115 lbs. It's so big that it wouldn't fit into Scott's car in the box... and there are no hand-holds built in. We almost died carrying it up stairs, or maybe it only felt that way because I was the one going backwards!

Today's project: grocery shopping. I have a funny feeling many of our purchases will be dictated by weight.

No comments: