flickr

www.flickr.com

16 April, 2006

Postcards from the Edge

I've been kicking around ideas to send to PostSecret for a while now. I actually bought a Florida postcard with an alligator on it, and was going to write "I wish all the tourists would get eaten," but I never got around to actually putting it together.

And then my life took a series of interesting turns, and I no longer felt compelled to complain about the tourons (although dealing with them over Spring Break is causing me to reconsider the alligator card!). Now I can complain about my family. Well, step-family. Here's some of the cards I've considered. Let me know what you think:

(each phrase below represents a different idea, and would be accompanied by a picture of Lady Tremaine - Cinderella's wicked stepmother)

* Cinderella was always my favorite fairy tale. I would have picked another if I knew I would end up with my own wicked stepmother.

* This woman has NOTHING on my stepmother

* Are there any nice stepmothers?

Or perhaps a collage of various wicked stepmothers from film - Lady Tremaine, the Wicked Queen from Snow White, Baroness Rodmilla De Ghent from Ever After - and a picture of my own W.S.M. with a bar over her eyes. No words necessary.

Well, I guess the good news is that traditionally stepfathers are not wicked. Except in Lifetime movies. But that's another entry for another day.

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Janette said...

"Cinderella was always my favorite fairy tale. I would have picked another if I knew I would end up with my own wicked stepmother." Love it! I think you should do it. I know others who have sent cards to Post Secret and they say it's cathartic. Besides it has just a slight whiff of revenge to it and I'm all for revenge in this case. She went out of her way and put a lot of effort into being mean to you. I'm all for striking back in some way.

(let me know if you ever need help TPing her house)

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess the good news is that traditionally stepfathers are not wicked.
***** That sounds hopeful! *****